Please note that Rental Costumes are charged per day / per weekend.
You are welcome to pick up weekend rental items already on a Thursday for a one day hire fee. Please note however should rentals be returned later than Monday, then another day hire fee is applicable.
If the rental items / costume gets picked up / couriered on Thursday or Friday and is returned to our shop on Monday, then one day hire fee applies.
If the rental items / costume gets picked up / couriered on Thursday or Friday and is returned to our shop on Tuesday only, then a two day fee applies.
Rental Terms & Conditions
- Both a Hire Fee and CASH refundable deposit are required for Rental Items.
The refundable deposit will be returned if rentals are returned ON TIME and IN GOOD ORDER.
If no arrangements for a late return have been made and we need to chase after returns – the refundable deposit will be FORFEITED.
Items not returned after the event will be considered missing. Missing or damaged rental items will be deducted from the deposit or charged
at replacement cost.
- Rental Items must be returned no later than the return date (close of business day) as stipulated on the invoice.
- Late returns may incur an additional charge.
- Responsibility of the Rental Item(s) remains with the client from the time of pickup to the time of return.
- Returned Rentals that are soiled or damaged (normal wear accepted) will incur an additional cleaning/repair charge.
This can amount to the same value as the deposit, in which case, the deposit will be forfeited.
Or, this can amount to the replacement value.
- Each Rental has a replacement value (not equivalent to the deposit), which will be incurred if the costume is damaged beyond repair or not returned. In addition, the customer will be liable for all legal costs incurred for the recovery of the said amount or costume.
- Our costumes & other rental equipment are cleaned and inspected after every use. It is however the responsibility of the client to verify the condition and count of the items rented.
- There are no refunds for unused rentals.
- Courier charges will be for the account of the customer. While The Fun Shop will take every precaution to pack the items as securely as possible, damages or theft of goods while in transit will be for the account of the client.
- Costumes are not to be washed or altered!! This includes tearing off the labels inside the costumes. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED!
Please remember if Rental Items are NOT RETURNED ON TIME and in GOOD ORDER you will not receive your deposit back.
Please double check the Return Date with the sales person before leaving the shop to avoid disappointment!
It is a specific condition of this Rental Contract that you immediately report any damages of any rental items.
No claim for reduction or refund of the Rental rates can be entertained at a later date on the grounds that the rental items were not suitable or non-functioning.
Cancellation Fees: (only the Hire Fee is affected in the event of a cancellation)
- Up to 2 Weeks before Rental Date - No Cancellation Fees
- 14 Days to 7 Days before Rental Date - 25% Cancellation Fee on the Hire Fee
- 7 Days to 2 Days before Rental Date - 50% Cancellation Fee on the Hire Fee
- 2 Days before the Rental Date - Full Cancellation Fees on Hire Fee
"The original receipt of purchase must be produced and where applicable the original credit card and card holder must be present.
" In the event where the Card does not allow refunds, the card fee will be deducted (currently 5%) and cash returned.